On Writing Well
A book about how one can write well.
- People with clear minds will be able to produce clear writing.
- At the same time, it says that writing is one way to structure your thoughts and get mental clarity. It sounds like a chicken and egg problem.
- @William Zinsser proposes a solution for the tension above — for people who think disorderly, describing how a process works are valuable because:
- make sure you know how it works.
- It forces you to take the reader (in the case of ✦ Write for no one but yourself, you) through the same sequence of ideas and deductions that made the process clear to you.